Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) brought associate degree implementation of visual voicemail (VVM) support integrated into the Dialer, permitting compatible Carrier VVM services to hook into the Dialer with nominal configuration. Visual voicemail lets users simply check voicemail while not creating any phone calls. Users will read an inventory of messages in associate degree inbox-like interface, hear them in any order, and might delete them as desired.
Android 7.0 further the subsequent configuration parameters to visual voicemail:
- Prefetching of voicemails controlled by KEY_VVM_PREFETCH_BOOLEAN
- Control of whether or not a cellular information affiliation is needed by
- Fetching of voicemail transcriptions
- Fetching of voicemail quota
- This article offers an outline of what’s provided, however carriers will integrate with it, and a few details of the implementation.
Visual voicemail (VVM) consumer
Android 6.0 and on top of includes a OMTP VVM consumer, that (when given the proper configuration) can connect with Carrier VVM servers and populate visual voicemail messages at intervals the automaton Open supply Project (AOSP) Dialer. The VVM client:
- Handles the SMS messages accustomed activate/deactivate/query standing of the service and therefore the SMS messages accustomed apprise the device of events within the subscriber’s mailbox
- Syncs the mailbox with the IMAP server
- Downloads the voicemails once the user chooses to pay attention to them
- Fetches voicemail transcriptions
- Fetches details of voicemail quota (total mailbox size and occupied size)
- Integrates into the Dialer for user practicality like line of work back, viewing uninformed messages, deleting messages, etc.
Download android voicemail app here